BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Post Holiday Hoopla

Dear Spookies,

Well, another holiday season has come and gone. I hope you've all gotten what you wanted, made the most of what you got, or at the very least were able to lie low until the whole thing blew over. Goodness knows I've done my share of all three.

I should confess to you all, I had written a previous post sometime around Christmas Eve, but decided to delete it for a number of reasons. Mostly because it was extremely preachy (even more preachy than usual), and the post was a bit on the cynical side, and about 12 hours later I realized I had nothing to be cynical about. I am a very lucky person to have a family, friends and a wonderful Beau who all love me and that I have the resources to give them lovely gifts on Christmas.

Certianly there are times that the holidays get under our skins (like when they start playing Christmas music on the radio in the first week of November) and the stress can electrify our nerves to the point of wondering why anyone continues to torture themselves with the holidays at all. That's alright. Everyone has the right to feel Grinchy. Heavens know the only way I get through everything I need to do is by muttering "I hate Christmas" a few million times. It's not a crime. As long as you don't go and tackle the Pope, you'll be fine.

Now there's just New Year's Eve left to celebrate, which I have yet to plan myself. Parties bore me, I'd rather just have some drinks with some friends, play my favorite music and kiss my Beau at midnight, but everyone else seems to want a massive shindig. One of my friends even wants to go out of town, which I will not do. On well, hopefully all of my plans fall together sometimes. I'll have fun wherever I go, and besides, even if I don't do much of anything, there's an Outland event at Skully's on the 2nd that I'm planning on attending as my last hurrah before school starts again. Hopefully I'll see you all there!

I hope you all have a wonderful and SAFE New Year's Eve!
Love,
Miss Manic

0 comments: